- At Olympic, we operate an open admission policy. This means that, providing the needs of the individual child can be met at our school, the Education Fellowship Trust will accept any child into the Foundation stage without reference to ability or aptitude at the beginning of the academic year in which they reach the age of 5. Pupils with a statement of Special Educational needs will be allocated a place where the school is named as being the appropriate provision.
- All applications for admission must be made through Northamptonshire County Council (http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk)
- Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available i.e. 60, the following criteria will be applied, in the order set out below, to decide which children to admit:
- Children in Public Care
- Pupils with exceptional social needs, supported by written evidence from an appropriate professional person.
- Where the child has a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission.
- Where there are medical grounds (supported by a doctor’s certificate) for admitting the child.
- The proximity of the child’s home to school, with those living nearer being awarded the higher priority.
- Should any application for Education Fellowship Trust schools need discussing, please ask the Principal for details. Details of the appeals procedure are available from the Principal
We have a Learning Support Unit is an alternative area suitably resourced for children who need support with their behaviour. Here, children receive an individualised approach to get their behaviour back on track and enable them to be successfully reintegrated back into class.
When making exclusions the school will follow procedures as advised in DfE guidelines 2012. ‘Exclusion from maintained schools, Academies, and pupil referral units in England’
A decision to exclude a child permanently is serious and a final step in the process for dealing with unacceptable behaviour when a range of other strategies have been tried and failed.
Please see our ‘Behaviour Policy’, available on the side of the page, for further information.