The Government has been providing additional funding to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in Primary Schools. This funding is allocated to primary school headteachers and is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools. Since September 2013, schools have been held to account over how they spend their additional, ring-fenced funding.
Sports Premium Funding at Olympic Primary School
- We have employed a specialist P.E Teaching Assistant
- Increased participation in extracurricular activities across the whole school including girls and boys (breakfast, lunch time and after school clubs)
- Increased participation in extracurricular competitions. Providing a more varied selection of activities and sports to maximise the engagement of pupils across the whole school.
- High quality coaching/teaching delivered to all classes.
- The profile of PE will be continually raised and its importance as a subject will be embedded across the whole school.
- Pupils identified in the Gifted and Talented bracket will be provided with opportunities to pursue sports outside of school or given information regarding local clubs and how to contact them.
- Pupils will have more opportunity to engage in competitive games, inter school competitions
- For further information see section on Sports Clubs
Please click on the report links in the side bar.